Network & Systems Administrator
Enterprising, motivated and dedicated IT professional with 20 years successful experience implementing hardware and software design, installation, administration and configuration. Proven analytic and problem-solving skills with a keen ability to assess needs, define requirements, develop value-added solutions, and execute technical resolutions that streamline and improve operating efficiencies. Successful in both team-based and self-managed projects requiring focus and commitment.
COMPX DURISLIDE Byron Center, MI 05/1996 – 03/2011
IT System Administrator 05/1999 – 03/18/2011
- Researched, purchased, developed and implemented hardware and software solutions for new and existing departments. Coordinated and completed multiple simultaneous projects with teams and alone. Administered Microsoft Exchange email server with multiple user interfaces, which facilitated company communication.
- Successfully created and constructed virtual environment with supporting hardware to the expedite migration of company systems from physical to virtual servers. This enhanced speed, stability and productivity for all users by 400%.
- Installed and programmed new 60 station hybrid telephone system, throughout facility, without service interruption. This resulted in savings of $7K per year, and secured a 3 year ROI.
- Created and implemented multi-site disaster recovery procedures with system backup and off-site storage, which provided swift rebound. Designed and built new network intrusion detection system to monitor traffic and guard against internal breaches and external attacks. This enhanced security and mitigated threats.
- Competently designed, assembled and implemented new data collection hardware and software solutions for manufacturing, which included touch screen and bar-code scan input with on-demand labeling. This resulted in efficient, effective tracking of inventory and personnel.
- Expertly managed and maintained ERP system, which included migration into updated Progress-based database management system. This resulted in enhanced productivity and improved departmental integration.
- Implemented major LAN infrastructure upgrade, which doubled system size to 150 nodes and included installment of wireless access for the factory floor.
- Managed multiple environments for engineering department. Coordinated software integration, migrations and updates for ProEngineer, IntraLink, Wildfire and AutoCAD. Maintained supporting client and server hardware. This expedited and facilitated efficient design standards through production processes.
- Standardized policies, manuals, website and training process for all system users. Developed and implemented ISO9000 document control procedures which improved quality control and enhanced productivity. Collaborated with departmental managers and all users to ensure superior personnel training results.
- Designed documentation and instituted Sarbanes Oxley procedures for system compliance, exceeding document control requirements.
Quality Technician 01/1997 – 05/1999
- Systemized continuous improvement initiatives. Assisted with problem resolutions, prepared test reports and maintained customer feedback.
- Promoted to IT system administrator within 17 months.
Machine Operator 05/1996 – 01/1997
- Produced products efficiently with minimal waste. Maintained quality control to specifications.
- Promoted to quality technician within 7 months.
BARMAN SELECT TEMP SERVICES Grandville, MI 12/1994 – 05/1996
- Assembled products and product lines efficiently and precisely. Promoted to group leader for temporary employees.
- Operated plastic injection mold presses while ensuring quality processes were maintained. Promoted to direct hire by client company.
LAKEPARK INDUSTRIES OF INDIANA Shipshewana, IN 05/1992 – 07/1994
Machine Operator and Setup
- Performed safe, efficient setup and operation of resistance welders and press machinery ranging from 80 to 1000 tons, which contributed to profitable company production.
- Reliably maintained and inspected product for quality. This resulted in reduced scrap. Trained in QS9000 documentation and procedures.
ARA FOOD SERVICE Allendale, MI 09/1991 – 12/1994
General Food Service
- Successfully interacted with customers and coworkers to promote efficient operation of cafeteria.
GRAND VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY, Allendale, MI
Seeking Bachelor of Science degree, senior level undergraduate
Engineering Major, manufacturing emphasis 1991 – 1994
Computer Science Major, programming emphasis 1994 – Present